There are quite a few apps I use regularly that I find really useful. Here’s a list:
- 1password – this one is huge. It’s expensive, but worth it. It keeps track of all of your passwords and allows you to stop using the same password on a bunch of web sites.
- Adium – obvious, but worth mentioning
- Evernote – free and great for keeping track of notes from meetings, etc. Also an iPhone app with very good sync functionality
- Meerkat – SSH tunneling. Works great, but is a bit pricey.
- Mental Case – great flash card app with iPhone support. The syncing is a little clunky, though.
- Reeder – RSS reader
- Wunderlist – To do lists. Also an iPhone app, but the syncing seems a little buggy right now.
- DBVisualizer – Database client. Works on pretty much every database.
Anyway, I would recommend all of the apps in this list. They are all critical to my productivity. The ones that are not free are worth the money, in my opinion.